Monday, May 09, 2005

Shazam! (Part 5)


shazam3
Originally uploaded by waffyjon.
And this would've possibly been the cover of the third issue, in which the Squadron of Justice faces off for the first time with the Monster Society of Evil!

Yeah, I don't show any of the MSE here... because I wanted to leave some surprises (plus, I was still trying to think of who else would be in it... someone once suggested Mr. Atom, the giant robot, but I didn't recall reading any stories with him... plus I wanted more freaky DC villains).

As I said with the first posting of this series, I came up with all of this stuff before the Ordway graphic novel was announced... and once I heard about that, I pretty much set this all aside, save for when I posted my plots for the first two or three issues on some newsgroup back when I was on AOL.

I did, naturally, buy the Ordway graphic novel and later series... just as I plan on buying any other Shazam! title DC produces! I loved the Ordway series... but still... sometimes I wish I'd had my shot with this one.

Next, I'll go back to posting some of the stuff of my own characters again, with some possible stuff in-between them!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    Mr. Atom appeared in Captain Marvel Adventures #78 (Nov 1947), #81 (Feb 1948), had a cameo in Marvel Family #24 (June 1948), and appeared in Captain Marvel Adventures #90 (Nov 1948). He's since appeared in the DC universe.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.