And it's a scorcher!
Temperatures around here are in the 80s during the day, although thankfully cooler at night (although we're having a hard time getting that cooler air in the house, which makes sleeping a little problematic).
Work went just fine today... we actually got through what needed to be done much faster than I'd anticipated, so I was able to go home at my usual Friday time, rather than staying late. Hopefully, next week will prove to be equally manageable.
So, the three-day weekend... despite my protestations to co-workers that we didn't have any plans, it's looking like a busy one! To wit:
1. Saturday morning: Getting up early to do some last-minute baking of my low-point sweet rolls to bring to our Weight Watchers meeting. I'm also bringing 20 copies of the recipe. I figure an hour of baking time should get them all made. Then, it's off to the meeting!
2. After the Meeting: Rush home, collect Krypto and KO, and go for our usual 3-mile Saturday morning walk.
3. After the Walk: Our neighbors, Ned and Jane, are coming over for breakfast of French Toast and veggie sausages.
4. After Breakfast: Jessi's headed to the Farmer's Market to get some plants. I'll likely mow the lawn while she's gone.
5. Saturday Afternoon, Approx. 4:00 pm: Our friends Larry and Sibyl are coming over to spend the early evening with us. I have no idea as of yet what I'll make for dinner! But I'm sure I'll come up with something.
6. Sunday Morning: Walk the dogs again. If it's not too terribly warm, we may do a bike ride afterwards.
7. Sunday Afternoon: We may go to Tacoma to meet my mom, and a bunch of us may go to Seattle to watch Star Wars Episode III at the same theater we saw the premier of the original SW at.
8. Sunday Evening: Our friends Paul and Bridgette are coming over for dinner with their white boxer, Claude. I don't know what I'll be making for dinner then, either.
9. Monday Morning: Another walk with the dogs.
10. Monday Afternooon: Up to my sister's house in Puyallup for a barbeque. We're supposed to bring something, but I haven't any idea what we're bringing yet.
Like I said, busy, busy, busy!
So what does that mean for this blog? Well, I figure most of you are going to be busy this weekend yourselves, so you won't miss my mini-reviews... and you won't miss them if you are, because frankly, I haven't been to the comic shop yet, and it doesn't look like that'll happen this weekend (or even next).
I'm hoping against hope that when the 1st arrives, the property management company I rented my last apartment from will finally mail out my deposit check... I think they cuold've sent it already, but they were insisting that they had to hold it until the end of the old lease (and I'd already paid for May anyway -- nothing like paying a month's rent on a place you don't live in, eh?).
Which reminds me... I should really check their website to see if they've rented my old place out yet, which would mean getting a refund on part of the rent I did pay!
Hope you all have/had a great weekend!
The Shattered Ponies of Sethergarde.
4 minutes ago