Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Finally.. a post of substance!

Wow... time sure can get away from one's self sometimes, can't it?

The week's proving to be rather interesting... in both the good and bad sense of the word. For instance...

eBay auctions

Put up some additional items... a few loose DC Direct figures for fixed price (all four of which sold in about 24 hours, which tells me I probably seriously underpriced them), the Ditko Collection Vol. 2 (sold at the Buy It Now price, which I didn't seriously expect to get). There's a few other comics items up, as well, and about eight or nine cookbooks, which I've thrown out there to test the waters.

You see, I've got all these cookbooks that I don't ever use... and they just take up space. So I figured, why not see if there's a market for them? It may take a little time to figure out what price they will sell at, though.

Still maintaining 100% positive feedback... although a recent feedback griped about the condition of the books, while still leaving positive feedback. Apparently, they didn't read in the auction description or in the email I sent when I shipped their stuff that they should contact me before leaving feedback if there's any issue with their purchase... I have always maintained that if the customer isn't 100% happy, I should do what I need to do to make 'em happy. Sometimes, that means sending them a complete refund (when they return items), sometimes that means a partial refund to make it right. But I won't refund even a penny if they've already left feedback.

And so it goes.

Jessi

So, Sunday is Jessi's birthday... and we'd been planning on having her birthday party on Saturday. Unfortunately, she's been feeling rather sick the past four or five days, and today she finally went to see the doctor, who prescribed Nexium to see if the problem is a stomach ulcer, or if it's something worse. If she's not feeling better by Friday, we'll be having to contact those we invited so we can reschedule the party for the following weekend.

I really, really, really hope this doesn't get worse, and that after a day or two of Nexium, she's back to her normal self again. I don't want to have to go through a repeat of what I went through with Barbara... because, my friends, I'm not sure I can deal with all that a second time.

The Iron Man essay

In the comics area... I've been working on scans for the promised Iron Man essay here and there... it's taken a bit more work than I expected at first, so I may end up posting it in segments. Stay tuned!

Smoking

Been trying to quit smoking... again. Not too successfully, though. Yesterday, I had four cigarettes, and I've had the same today. Which is, I suppose, a lot of progress, given I was a pack-a-day smoker. But it's still not quite the goal.

I'll keep you posted on that, as well.

Weight loss

Along with trying to quit smoking comes the inevitable bad food choices... as if I hadn't been making enough bad ones as it is! I keep finding myself snacking on larger quantities of stuff than I should be... even healthy snacks aren't so healthy if one eats too many of 'em!

And then, there's the leftovers I've been trying to finish off while Jessi's been sick. Did I mention we made pork and sauerkraut for New Year's Day? That's a Mennonite tradition for January 1, and Jessi really wanted to have it, so we found a recipe, and I made it (I can't help but wonder if that might've had something to do with her getting sick, but I could well be mistaken). I had that for lunch and dinner today, and it's nearly all gone... the healthier (or, at least, better-tasting to my tastes) chili I made the day before that is lasting quite a bit longer than I expected, since it was less expensive to make than the pork -- which is why I've eaten more pork and sauerkraut than chili lately (and isn't that a bad combination to think of!).

Currently Reading

Essential Fantastic Four Vol. 1 -- which will no doubt be followed by Vol. 2 and 3! hopefully, by the time I've read those, I'll have not only replaced Essential Avengers Vol. 1 (which I sold a few years back), I'll have picked up other Essential Avengers volumes beyond #3 -- and did Marvel ever do an Essential FF Vol. 4?

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Glen Davis11:34 AM

    Where I come from, you're supposed to eat blackeyed peas for good luck on New Year's.

    On ebay, have you tried the best offer option?

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.