Friday, September 29, 2006

Back Issue #18

The latest issue of this TwoMorrows mag arrived in my mailbox earlier this week, but I didn't get a chance to even page through it until last night.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I've been on TwoMorrows' comp list for some time (although perhaps I'm going off it -- the subscription label for this issue usually says ISSUES LEFT: LOTS!, but this time, it said ISSUES LEFT: 0 -- I gotta get an email off to John Morrow asking about that soon!), and so I've been able to read every issue of this mag since the beginning.

This time around, it's an all-green issue, featuring an interview with Neal Adams on Green Lantern (which I haven't read yet), Peter David on the Incredible Hulk (read it, didn't find all that much new info in it, but a good read nonetheless), some Rough Stuff featuring Dave Gibbons Green Lantern art, an interview with Mike Grell on Green Arrow (haven't read it), and features on the Green Hornet, Guy Gardner, the Martian Manhunter, and the Green Team (only read the latter). That'st he cover-featured stuff, and there's more besides, such as Gerry Conway and John Romita, Sr. on "The Green Goblin's Last Stand."

Sadly, there's no installment of "The Greatest Stories Never Told" or "Comics on DVD" -- but I suppose I can forgive their missing this issue.

I'm sure I've said before that I feel this mag is a worthy successor to the original run of Comic Book Artist at Twomorrows, and this issue (at least so far in my reading of it) scores a solid B for me. I would've liked to see a longer interview with PAD, for example. If I had to buy this issue off the stands with my own hard-earned money, I might've considered passing, as none of the remaining features really strike me as "gotta read it" items, to be honest. But still, it's a good mag to support, and if I am, indeed, going off the comp list at TwoMorrows, I will have to just knuckle down and hand out my $6.95 per issue (as well as what it'll cost me to have to start paying for Alter Ego and The Jack Kirby Collector -- not sure if I'll start buying Write Now! or Draw!, to be honest -- and I'd probably be more apt to buy Draw! because there's stuff in there I can use in my job).

Jon

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.