Saturday, February 10, 2007

Some This 'n Thatting...

Got a few things to discuss in brief tonight, so rather than separate entries, it's This 'n That time again!

Work Stuff

So, I've finished my second week with my temporary new assignment at work, and it seems to be going well. For the most part, I'm being kept busier than usual, and that's a good thing... plus I'm learning new stuff here and there that will help out when my schedule goes back to normal!

Coming up this next week -- on Valentine's Day, believe it or not -- the newspaper is going to be making the Employee of the Year awards. Unlike previous years, this year they're selecting an Employee of the Year from each of the departments. The persons chosen as Employee of the Month for last year are in the running for this (well, I'm sure it's been decided already), and yes, I'm hoping that I'll be the winner for my department!

But even if I'm not the selectee... there's going to be cheesecake!

Space Academy

As I type this, I'm watching the final episode of Space Academy... and I'm sorry there's no more episodes to watch after this one. It's been fun watching these episodes for the first time in 30 years!

Inspired by this DVD set, I've started working on two more Comics They Never Made covers... so I now have covers made up for Space Academy #1 and 2, published by Gold Key! Of course, I still have to write out the "descriptions" for the two issues (I have an idea for one story... I'm not sure what I'll come up with for the next).

Unfortunately, one thing I won't be able to simulate in these comics is the ever-present voice of Lou Scheimer! Yes, the head honcho of Filmation's voice is all over this series, as it was for most other Filmation programs.

Jon

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.