Friday, February 02, 2007

TV Comic Cover of the Day

fantasticvoyage1

I wonder how many of you readers remember Filmation's Fantastic Voyage animated series? I seem to recall it was on ABC in the late 1960s/early 1970s. It was loosely based on the motion picture of the same name, but without Raquel Welch. This may have been the first of Filmation's shows where they adapt a popular TV show or movie into an animated series, but with their own twist to it (others include Journey to the Center of the Earth - that was Filmation, wasn't it? -- My Favorite Martians, etc.).

This is another series I hope comes out in a DVD boxed set soon -- and I hope that BCI/Eclipse is the one to release it, so that I'll get to transcribe the interviews for the special features!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. I remember this show. Those little people had some truly bizarre adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.