Saturday, March 24, 2007

Currently Reading...

Here's a rundown of what I've got in my stack of stuff from the libary...

I'm just starting "Future Perfect: How Star Trek Conquered Planet Earth" by Jeff Greenwald, and I find it an interesting companion to the Star Trek special the History Channel aired a while back... you know, the one mainly focused on the Sotheby's auction of Trek stuff?

This one focuses more on the impact Trek's made on people's lives, without being overly analytical. A good read so far!

After that, it's Nichelle Nichols' "Beyond Uhura," keeping the Trek vibe going. The bottom of that pile are two different oversize Popeye books... the second one is subtitled "I Yam What I Yam."

Those are the final four books of one libary trip... but I have another stack that I got from my last trip. That stack is comprised of one DVD (Behind the Planet of the Apes, which I'd already recorded from TV a while back, but wanted mostly to check out special features) and the following books:

"Get A Life" by William Shatner (yes, I'm on a Trek groove here)
"Collectible View-Master" (mainly checked out to see if there's any cool pics I can scan to share with you guys in the future)
"Groucho Marx" a rather slim volume about Groucho
"She-Hulk: Single Green Female" reprinting some of the Dan Slott Shulkie comics
"Essential Peter Parker, the Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 2" - I'd read Volume 1 last week or so.
"Collector's Guide to Battery Toys" - another one checked out for blog fodder
"Cartoon Modern" - A book produced by the same guys behind the Cartoon Brew blog, so I had to check it out!
"The Official 30th Anniversary Salute to GI Joe" and "The COmplete Encyclopedia to GI Joe" -- yes, the Joe posts won't be coming to a complete end, will they?

This stuff should see me through at least until next Friday... naturally, Saturday and Sunday next weekend are Emerald City Comic-Con!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. You know, I've been on a Star Trek vibe myself lately. I've been recording all of the episodes running on TVLAND and then catching them when I have the time. They sure bring back some good memories, and the new graphics ain't bad either.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.