Saturday, March 10, 2007

TV Comic of the Day!

funky01

So here's the Funky Phantom... which I think I saw on TV maybe -- maybe -- once or twice at the most. Kind of bizarre twist on the whole Scooby-Doo formula... and given that I think this show appeared around the Bicentennial, I guess it's understandable that a ghost from the Revolutionary War would be used!

One other note: While Hanna-Barbera's cartoons may have used limited animation, and weren't always written all that well... they certainly did a good job of designing cute girls for the casts of their shows, didn't they? The blonde babe here could give Daphne (from Scooby-Doo, natch) a run for her money!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    IMDB lists that's April Stewart (voiced by Kristina Holland). They also list Augie (Tommy Kirk) and Skip (Micky Dolenz (I thought you would have mentioned that!)). Daws Butler starred as the ghost, Mudsy.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.