Saturday, April 21, 2007

Classic Toys of the Day!

69zeroids

From the 1969 Sears Wish Book, here are the Zeroids, which were very cool robot toys made by, I believe, Ideal. Unfortunately, I've never owned any of these toys, although they do seem familiar to me (maybe I saw TV commercials for the things, or maybe I'm just remembering the comic book ads they were featured in).

It's possible that these toys were just a bit ahead of their time... I wonder if they had been released when Star Wars came out, if they might've been a bigger hit? I do know that one of them was reissued under a different name as part of a toy line (the name of which escapes me) that also featured a male figure that was called "The Lord of Darkness" or some such that used the mold from Captain Action's body!

And this post wraps up the Sears Wish Book posts from me! Tomorrow, we start looking at some other toys, with color photos this time!

Jon

3 comments:

  1. Zeroids will be returning in 2008 !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Excellent! Any website I can verify this info?

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. The site be;ow should have all the news !


    http://www.captainactionnow.com/news/

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.