Sunday, April 08, 2007

TV Comics Cover of the Day!

underdogch1

When criminals in this world appear
and break the laws that they should fear
and frighten all who see or hear
the cry goes up both far and near
for Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!

When in this world the headlines read
of those whose hearts are filled with greed
who rob and steal from those who need
to right this wrong with blinding speed
goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

Speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!

Yes, those are the lyrics for the Underdog theme song, and I've mentioned before how big a fan I am of this cartoon (which some have dismissed as "animated radio," but you know, I still dig it).

And I've also mentioned before how I am absolutely NOT going to see this live-action Underdog movie that's coming out.

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Years ago there was an album called "Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits." Different bands covered Saturday morning cartoon songs. A band with a poor name did a great cover of the "Underdog" theme. I found a video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rk7eH9fXDM
    The video is poorly done, but I really like the music.

    --Scott

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.