Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Genre Movie Image of the Day: The Amazing Colossal Man Poster!

colossalmanp

You know, as a kid, I thought this movie was great. Then again, you know how I feel about movies in which things become giant-sized! As an adult, I realize how cheesy it really is (and even more fun to watch the MST3K ep with it featured), but it's still an enjoyable movie to watch!

If you ever read Tony Isabella's "IT! The Living Colossus" stories in the 1970s Marvel Comics (sorry, Tony, I forget off-hand where it appeared... was it Astonishing Tales?), you may find the pose here a bit familiar. There were a few issues in which the artist (and again, I'm forgetting his name... being exhausted plays havoc on the brain, you know!) appeared to use this and other references from this movie for inspiration for a few poses!

Now I just wish I had the books handy here to compare, because I'm positive this pose in particular was used!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    Tony never repliad, so I'll answer for him. It was, indeed, Astonishing Tales (1970 series, issue #21). The artist was Dick Ayers. Issues 22, 23, and 24 were Tony's only work with Jack Kirby at Marvel, a re-use of Jack's art from the old Tales of Suspense stories. Perhaps Tony will write about that one day on his Bloggy Thing (he's only mentioned his fondness for the Living Colossus in his August 18, 2011 page)?
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.