Monday, June 25, 2007

Genre Movie Image of the Day: Beast from 20,000 Fathoms Poster!

beast20000p

Continuing with the genre movie posters, here's the Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, which I haven't seen in a long, long time! But I do recall that the movie actually lived up to the poster, more or less!!

My recollection is that the stop-motion work was done by Ray Harryhausen, although I seem to recall Jim Danforth working on this one, too.

You know, I think the last time I saw any scene from this was in a "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" bit, where Colin Mochrie is standing in front of a green screen, pretending to be an on-the-scene TV reporter, as Ryan Stiles and one of the other performers (who can see what's being inserted behind him) give him comedic clues as to what's going on!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    No, the credit for Beast all belongs to Ray. Jim Danforth's first credit, AFAIK, is for 1962's Jack the Giant Killer. (That film, interestingly, is now remembered as producer Edward Small's attempt to retell Harryhausen's 7th Voyage of Sinbad, a film he'd been offered and turned down.)
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.