Saturday, June 09, 2007

Genre Movie Image of the Day: Dracula!

dracula11

Here's the second Dracula picture... and to be honest, I'm not sure that's Bela Lugosi as the Count there, although it looks kind of like him.

It's possible this may be, instead, a still from the Spanish language version of Dracula, which was filmed simultaneously with the English version, but with a different cast! Both productions used the same sets (the English language version at the daytime, the Spanish at night), the same script (more or less), and probably the same music, too.

From what I've read, the Spanish language version may actually be a better production than Bela's... but I've never seen it (and don't speak Spanish), so I'm not the one to judge!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Jon,
    I'm generally of the opinion that George Melford's version was superior to Tod Browning's. However, Bela Lugosi was superior to Carlos Villarias.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.