Saturday, June 09, 2007

June and July are Expensive Months!

OK, so most of you already know about the first foster child we've taken in... of course, he didn't come with everything he needed, so we've had to spend some cash to get stuff we need for him (my parents and my brother Jeff and his wife have also bought some stuff for him, with our heartfelt gratitude!).

Of course, this month is also Father's Day... and I have a niece graduating from high school... and there's at least one family birthday this month, if not two (yeah, I know, it's terrible how I don't keep track of this stuff better).

July has two family birthdays, too... as well as the 4th of July (which usually isn't an expensive holiday for us)... and that's also when my week-long vacation is scheduled.

Sheesh! I'm just finding myself hoping that the checks for my latest freelance transcription gigs come in quickly!

I've got another gig coming up towards the end of the month for a couple of books for TwoMorrows, but that's all I'm going to say about those until they're officially announced... fortunately, I know from personal history that TwoMorrows pays their invoices very quickly!

Now all I have to do is figure out how I'm going to get the time to work on that gig when the stuff comes in while also dealing with at least one, if not two foster kids (may mean a few late nights, leaving me really short on sleep)!

Jon

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.