Sunday, July 15, 2007

Classic Collectibles of the Day!

mw66_captainaction

Here, from the 1966 Montgomery Ward's catalog, is Captain Action, plus a few of his costumes!

Now, I'm a big fan of Captain Action... I came in really, really late in the game on the good Captain, picking up some of the DC Comics as back issues, but never owning an original figure (although an original belt once turned up in a box of assorted Mego stuff I bought at one show). When the Playing Mantis reissues came out, I bought 'em all... heck, when they started just producing costumes, I even bought extra figures to put them into costume!

Sadly, I sold those off back when I was out of work for a while... and you can't find this "failed" line cheap anywhere, it seems!

Now, I've heard that there's going to be a new Captain Action comic (which, sadly, I heard about the pitch process for too late to submit my own idea... and it was a corker, too!), so there's a possibility that, some day, there may be a third issue of Captain Action!

And if only they can get the rights to do either reissues of more of the original outfits -- or better yet, produce better versions of the original costumes -- that would be the icing on the cake!

But why stop there? Reissue Dr. Evil, Action Boy... and introduce Action Girl, so there can be some female presence, too!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Moonstone is publishing the Captain Action comic. Fabian Nicieza is writing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.