Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Vintage Corgi Toys!

Here's some of the last classic collectibles I have to share with you, until I gather up more pics!

corgibatmanjrs

These are "Corgi Junior" Batman vehicles... which I guess means they're either smaller than regular Corgis... or maybe they're a little bigger, for smaller kids?

corgibatmobile

This, of course, is the classic Corgi Batmobile, probably the most popular Corgi toy of all time!

corgichitty

But I must say that their Chitty Chitty Bang Bang is a definite contender for the title... there are a lot of avid collectors out there still hankering for one of these on their toy shelves!

corgihardyboys

Certainly a lesser-known Corgi (well, it was a surprise to me) was this Hardy Boys car... which was based on the Filmation animated series of the 1960s!

corgistarfighter

Recognize this Corgi toy? It's a starfighter from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, and I had no idea until I found this pic that Corgi made one of those!

As I think I've mentioned before, Corgi also did some other very cool toys... I'd love to get their Yellow Submarine, for example, or their Monkeemobile. I used to have the some of their newest Batmobiles, but sold them a while back when money was tight.

Corgi also did a U.S.S. Enterprise... or was that Dinky? I always have a hard time remembering which did that one. I know they make several Enterprises these days.

A Corgi set I used to have was their Thunderbirds vehicles, based on the Gerry Anderson show. I'm not sure what happened to those!

Jon

4 comments:

  1. Hot Wheels issued a Batmobile in 2007!! Just like the 1960s version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I know... unfortunately, I never found one in the store, and haven't seen one in my price range offered on eBay yet!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. in australia those hot wheels batman cars were a dime a dozen in every supermarket and toy store

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice to know the archives are being read!

    I have seen way more of the Hot Wheels Batmobiles on eBay than I've seen in all the stores I've looked here in the States!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.