Thursday, October 11, 2007

Found on eBay: DC Super-Hero Merchandise!

Here's some interesting DC Super-Hero items I've found on eBay...

dcsh_planters1

dcsh_planters2

Two things about these:

1) If I'd only gotten these when I was a kid, I might be more into houseplants than I am these days (which is to say, I don't care for them unless they're herbs and the like I can use for cooking)

2) Despite the fact that Aquaman was the co-star with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, it's amazing how many products excluded the Sea King and put Captain Marvel in his place!

dcsh_puffystickers

I've never understood the appeal of puffy stickers, myself. All of the artwork on these appears to be by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez, from the DC Style Guide.

dcsh_sf_coloring

If you've ever wanted a Super Friends coloring book, I believe you can do a search right now and find at least one copy for auction!

dcsh_sf_erasers

dcsh_sf_sharpenders

The top pic is of erasers, while the bottom is for pencil sharpeners... but you know what? The same company not only manufactured both of them, but they also produced flashlights and the like... and not only of DC characters (all under "Super Friends") and Marvel characters, too! You'll probably recognize the style when the others come up here.

dcsh_sf_stickers

I just saved this pic because it's such an odd set of stuff to be included in a single lot on eBay!

dcsh_sf_towel

And finally... here's a Super Friends towel which not only includes Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog, but DC heroes who didn't appear on the cartoon until after those three were replaced by the Wonder Twins!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:27 AM

    I still have my "Super-Plant"-ers. It's cool to see them in their display yet, too! Thanks! hcc

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.