Friday, October 19, 2007

Halloween Countdown: October 20th Part 1!

monster_birthdayrecord

I know one of the other Countdown bloggers posted this one already... but I figure it's a good idea to make sure everyone gets a chance to see this nifty birthday record cover!

monster_bloodybrainmask

That is certainly a distinctive mask, isn't it?

monster_candyboxes

There seem to be several sets of these candy boxes popping up on eBay lately!

monster_creatureunmon

If I'd been more organized, I'd have included photos of all the Universal Monster figures produced by this company!

monster_cyclopskullmask

This Cyclops Skull Mask is a truly bizarre concept! I can understand skull masks, and cyclops masks... but a cyclops skull mask?

monster_draclugosifig

This is a very nice-looking Lugosi Dracula figure!

monster_dracscrap

You know, if I ever won the lottery, I'd probably waste a few hours every day just going on eBay and putting in bids on books like these -- anyone recognize who's portraying Drac on the cover here?

monster_drac_65cooper

Two things about this 1965 Ben Cooper Dracula costume... 1) The mask is just bizarre, with the eyebrow/eyeliner thing going on... and 2) It's amusing to me how much the Dracula logo resembles the later Batman logo!

monster_flymask

That's a nice-looking Fly mask, but I was hoping to find one that looked more like the classic David Hedison Fly mask!

monster_frankensteinhairmas

When I was in High School, I used to have a Frankenstein mask... this isn't anything like the one I used to have, though!

Jon

3 comments:

  1. Those monster candy boxes make great magnets if you slap a magnetic strip on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to figure out how you see while wearing the cyclops skeleton mask.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirk - that's a cool idea!

    Tom - I have no idea, either... there doesn't seem to be any kind of eyeholes at all!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.