Friday, November 30, 2007

25 Days of Christmas Comics: Day 1

For no particular reason (other than, say, I enjoyed the Halloween countdown), I've decided to do a Christmas Comics Cover Countdown, starting tonight! And no, I'm not planning on posting two Christmas Comics Covers tomorrow! But there may well be bonus posts along the way!

archie06

Here's the first Christmas Comics Cover, featuring Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead (I think Reggie came along later). You'd hardly recognize them compared to the versions we've been accustomed to for over 50 years, eh?

Jon

2 comments:

  1. Jon,
    Reggie was in this 1944 issue, just not on the cover. Reggie first appeared in Jackpot Comics #5 (Spring 1942), the same issue that introduced Mr. Weatherbee. Archie, Betty, and Jughead debuted in Pep Comics #22 (Dec 1941). Veronica followed in #26 (April 1942).
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.