Friday, December 28, 2007

Comic Ad Gallery - With Bonus Pics!

Time for another gallery of ads from comics... with a bonus! Starting now (assuming I remember), any ad I share here where I actually have a photo of the product or products being sold, I'll include that, too!

marvel_08_79_2

Take this Micronauts ad from the August, 1979 Marvel comics... here's what the toys really look like!

micronauts_aliens

I think they looked more impressive in the comic ad, don't you?

marvel_09_75_1

Naturally, as soon as I decide I'll run product pictures with the ads, here comes this ad for the Mighty Marvel Comiccon from the September, 1975 Marvels, and I don't have a photo of any of this stuff!

marvel_11_73_1

From the November, 1973 Marvels comes this ad for the Spidey coin... which was later joined by Conan and Hulk coins! And here they are!

msh_coins1.JPG
msh_coins2.JPG

I only wish I had a better set of photos for them!

marvel_11_73_2

From that same month comes this ad for iron-on transfers. Now, I don't have pics of these transfers, but I thought you'd at least like a closer look at some of them!

marvel_11_73_3

At least, these were the four I wanted most from this ad when I was a kid (and still do, as an adult!).

marvel_11_76_1

From the November, 1976 Marvels come the coolest back-to school supplies ever, offered by Mead! I used to have some of these, but sadly don't any more.

But I do have photos of the notebook paper that came with iron-ons of Spider-Man, The Hulk, Captain America, and Thor!

msh_caphulkmead.jpg

msh_spideythormead.jpg

Cool, eh?

Jon

2 comments:

  1. Those Micronaut villains were also very fragile, unfortunatley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it, Glen!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.