Saturday, December 08, 2007

Comic Book Advertising Gallery!

marvel_03_77_1

From Marvel's March, 1977 comics comes this advertisement for what has to be the most over-hyped movie of the 1970s!

Moving to the next month...

marvel_04_77_1

OK, I've got the Feiffer book (one of the first books about comics I ever owned)... I used to have that Overstreet Guide, and have seen the two Mego cars... but I have never, ever seen any evidence that those Power Shields ever existed outside of ads like this one!

marvel_04_78_1

This ad for Star Wars stuff, from Marvel's April, 1978 books, looks to me like it was created by students at the Kubert school, like all the Heroes World ads!

marvel_04_78_2

This Star Wars ad, on the other hand, is not by the Kubert students... the style looks familiar, but I can't place the artist.

Jon

2 comments:

  1. Jon,
    Interesting poster for the 1976 King Kong version, however. John Berkey also provided the poster for 1974's Towering Inferno.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.