Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Castle of Frankenstein #12: Pages

We start off this section of Castle of Frankenstein #12 with a two-page spread from War-Gods of the Deep:

castlefrank12_31

I've never seen this movie in my entire life, but I should really change that some day. This was pages 34 and 35.

castlefrank12_32castlefrank12_33

Page 36 has the Frankenstein TV Guide... and since I've got this issue already packed for our impending move, it'd be rather a pain to list the movies, and whether or not they liked them! This is basically a list of genre movies that might be shown on TV, with brief descriptions... so the movies run the range here from The Killer Shrews to King Kong!

Page 37's "Frankenstein Chamber of Horrors" appears to all be products that would typically be found in a Johnson-Smith ad.

More next week!

Jon

2 comments:

  1. Jon,
    Re: "I've never seen this movie in my entire life"

    Jacques Tourneur's 1965 "City Under the Sea" was his final film (he died 12 years later). Either he directed the film as a favor for someone (IMDB notes Vincent Price only received his script 6 days prior to shooting, so something was up!) or he retired rather than be handed any more duties like this. I've seen it many times, since it used to be very popular on TV. I'd be upset if I'd paid to see it.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.