Monday, March 03, 2008

Monster Mondays: More Godzilla Love!

And we're back!

OK, so I usually post these installments on Sunday night, but it's been ridiculously busy at the new Chez Knutson. But I'll probably write more about that later. So, without further ado...

godzillakeychains.JPG

From the Hanna-Barbera Saturday Morning NBC cartoon, here's keychains of Godzilla and Gadzooky! These are probably the first H-B Godzilla items I've seen so far that didn't actually use Herb Trimpe's art from Marvel's Godzilla #1 somewhere!

godzillalc.JPG

And here's a title card for the first Godzilla movie...

godzillalighter.JPG

I love this Godzilla cigarette lighter. I used to have one myself! Well, it wasn't an official lighter... it was bronze, but I bet it worked the same... press the arm down, and the flame comes out of Godzilla's mouth, the eyes flash red, and there's some sound effect.

godzillaonmonsteris.JPG

Here's a children's book that I really wish I'd put a bid in on, because so few American Godzilla items feature the other Toho monsters -- at least, any of those prior to the Trendmasters' toy line!

godzillaphoto1.JPG

I'm not sure which movie this picture is from... kind of looks like a behind-the-scenes pic! Anyone have a good guess?

godzillaposter.JPG

This is a very nice Godzilla poster, but I wonder if it was an authorized item... just because of the logo there!

godzillapuzzle.JPG

Is it just me, or does this Godzilla puzzle look like it's pretty much a painted version of Trimpe's Godzilla #1 cover?

godzillarc.JPG

This is a way-too-cool Radio-Controlled Godzilla! i don't know if it does more than scoot around on wheels like an RC car, but I still want one!

godzillatank.JPG

This Japanese toy is just too weird not to present!

godzillatricephfig.jpg

A while back I posted a photo of a Godzilla board game or playset... these are the figures from it!

godzillavsgigan_belgian.JPG

This Belgian version of the poster for Godzilla Vs. Gigan looks like they used the Godzilla art from the "Godzilla Vs. the Thing" poster!

godzillavsgiganspan.JPG

Here's a Spanish poster for the same flick!

godzillavsmechag_yugo.JPG

This would be a Yugoslavian poster for Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla!

godzillavsmechagital.jpg

And an Italian poster for the same movie!

godzillavsseamonster_span.JPG

Back to the Spanish Godzilla posters... this one's for Godzilla Vs. the Sea Monster!

godzillavssmogmon_japan.jpg

Japanese Godzilla Vs. the Smog Monster poster... I think Heritage is auctioning off one of these right now!

godzillavsthing_post.JPG

Obviously, this is one of the American Godzilla vs. the Thing posters...

godzillavsthinglc.jpg

You can really see on this Lobby Card for Godzilla vs. the Thing how much of a resemblance there is to the Godzilla vs. Gigan poster I mentioned above!

godzillavsthingmexlc.JPG

And finally, here's a Mexican version of Godzilla Vs. the Thing! There are LOTS of sellers on eBay offering u Mexican lobby cards, and they're pretty cool!

Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.