Saturday, April 19, 2008

Found on eBay: Haunted Mansion Model Kits!

Here's another "Found on eBay" post preceded by a comics ad (yeah, I know, look down two more posts to see what I'm talking about)...

dc_05_74_3

This ad came from the May 1975 DC comics... I always wanted these model kits (as well as the Pirates of the Caribbean ones) as soon as I saw the ads in the comics, but sadly... I never bought or was given a single one! Here's what the actual model boxes looked like:

haunted_escape

haunted_graverobber

haunted_playitagain

haunted_vampiremidnight

These have got to be some of the coolest model kits ever, with the Zap/Action feature! I'm frankly amazed that, with all the 70s genre model kits being reissued, that these were never redone... although for all I know, they're available in Disneyland (hey, it's been over 20 years since I last went to Disneyland, I wouldn't know).

Jon

2 comments:

  1. Stephen McKeeman7:52 AM

    Thanks for posting these. I live in Scotland and managed to pick up two of these kits at a car boot sale in the late 1970s. With the passage of time I had convinced myself that I never actually had them and I'd just imagined it.

    They were seriosuly cool. I had the Graverobber and the Organist. The Graverobber kit was spot on. Man, that skeleton used to leap out of the coffin like it was possessed!

    Thank you
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Stephen! You're pretty lucky to have found two of them in the 70s, especially living in Scotland! I think I remember seeing them on the store shelves once here in the US, and never again!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.