Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cool Stuff!

And we're nearing the end of another volume of my Cool Stuff photo files!

vigilante

And we lead off with this 8mm box art for... the Vigilante! How many of you remember that DC's Vigilante was actually featured in a movie serial? I've never seen it myself.

Speaking of DC, here's Remco's line of Warlord action figures, which were intended to compete with Mattel's He-Man and the Masters of the Universe line!

warlord_herculesremco

Yep, that's Hercules Unbound, from the all-too-shortlived series of the same name! I'm not even sure if that comic was still being published when this figure hit the market!

warlord_machisteremco

Here's Machiste, who I think was a supporting cast member of some kind in the Warlord comic book.

warlord_warlordremco

And here's Travis Morgan himself! I wonder if Mike Grell got any money for these?

OK, we're definitely near the end...

wb_sam_clickergun

...because it's been a long time since I've saved photos of any Warner Bros. cartoon toys! This Yosemite Sam clicker gun is probably the most appropriate character for any clicker gun I've collected a photo of so far (with the exception of, possibly, the Lone Ranger).

zorro_ramongabriel

And we finish this volume with this Captain Ramon character from Gabriel's Zorro action figure line! I'm pretty sure this was a tie-in with the Filmation animated series.

Next time... we start Cool Stuff Volume 4!

Jon

3 comments:

  1. I've seen the Vigilante serial. it's pretty average, but Ralph Byrd is a pretty star. It really needed more rope and motorcycle tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew there was a serial based on the Vigilante only by an article I read in World's Finest issue when I was a kid. I have never seen any of the episode but I did find a trailer for it at http://youtube.com/watch?v=JUtPuib0-DA

    Looks like Ralph Byrd should have stuck to playing Dick Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glen, I'd imagine if it had more rope and motorcycle tricks, it would've needed a bigger budget, eh? Columbia wasn't known for its serial budgets...

    Jamdin, I'll have to check out that trailer sometime!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.