Monday, July 07, 2008

Monster Mondays!

It's time for another Monster Mondays posting of horrific cool stuff!

addamsfamilybook

And we start off with this novel based on the Addams Family TV series... and why not?

alligatorpeople_lc.jpg

Next up is this lobby card from The Alligator People, displaying "Battling" Lon Chaney Jr. in action! Too bad there's no visible Alligator People there, eh?

angryredplanet_post.jpg

I've never seen Angry Red Planet, and I have a feeling that, when I finally do, the spider-rat-bat thing seen in this poster will be terribly, terribly disappointing...

atragon_poster.jpg

What's not obvious on this poster for Atragon is that it features a Toho giant monster!

attackcrabmonsters_lc9.jpg

Perhaps the studio shouldn't have considered putting one of the crab monsters here on this lobby card for "Attack of the Crab Monsters," because it really does look rather goofy here. Then again, the movie itself feels like it was made up as they filmed it, so...

attackof50ftwoman_mexlc.JPG

Ah, here's another movie I either haven't seen before, or it's been way too long... it's the Mexican Lobby Card for Attack of the 50 Foot Woman!

batmenofafrica_8mm.JPG

OK, so about a month or two back, I read something about this movie, "Bat-Men of Africa," and knowing this 8mm box art was coming up in the rotation, I thought to myself, "I'll have to remember that info when I do that Monster Mondays post."

Guess what? I don't recall anything I read about it now.

batsinbelfrygame.JPG

Our next Monsterrific item is this Mattel "Bats in the Belfry" game... and as neat as the game itself looks, I think the painted box art is really cool! And it appears they were trying to market this game for girls to play, too?

battleinouterspace_french.jpg

I think this is the first one of these I've ever posted! This French publication featured either comics or fumetti based on various movies, and I've saved scans of the covers for the issues that I found interesting. This one is for "Battle in Outer Space," which I believe features another giant monster not seen here!

beastofhollowmountain_lc.jpg

Lobby card for "The Beast of Hollow Mountain," demonstrating once again that sometimes, stop-motion animated creatures just shouldn't be shown in still photos!

beginningoftheend_lc.jpg

Hey, mister! Look out your lab window! It's a giant grasshopper from "The Beginning of The End!"

And if that's not a natural place to end this installment, I don't know what is!

Next week, we'll start with Billy the Kid Vs. Dracula! But be here anyway, won't you?

Jon

4 comments:

  1. for some reason, it has taken me a few days to get around to it but, here is a shot of the Rat-spider from angry Red Planet

    http://cache.io9.com/assets/resources/2008/05/monsters_csg318_angry_red_planet.jpg

    it doesn't look too bad does it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I bet it looks better in motion!

    Thanks!

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon,
    As I recall, you saw the monsters in Angry Red Planet for such a short amount of time you don't form much of an impression of them.

    Bat Men of Africa is the name TV used in 1966 for the 1936 serial Darkest Africa. What could it be you've forgotten? Perhaps that it was one of the first serials from Republic?
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having recently watched Angry Red Planet, I can confirm that! Still don't recall what I'd read about Bat Men...

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.