Saturday, August 30, 2008

Movie of the Week: Rodan, The Fire Monster

Rodan, the Fire Monster is another one of those movies that's available for me to embed, thanks to AOL (and there's a phrase I never thought I'd type!). For a full-screen view, click on the lower right-hand corner of the video player!



And now, a slideshow of Rodan collectibles!


Created with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.

Of course, after his solo movie, Rodan was reduced to supporting cast member, backing up Godzilla in Ghidrah, the Three Headed Monster, Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero, and Destroy All Monsters, and possibly others I'm not thinking of right now.

He was popular enough to have an Aurora model kit and a Shogun Warrior figure made of him, even though I think by the 70s, he wasn't a part of the Godzilla series any more!

Been too long since I watched his movie debut, so I think I'll have to watch this embedded video myself!

Jon

1 comment:

  1. let's see.. Rodan.. he was in
    Rodan, Ghidorah: The Three-Headed Monster, Godzilla vs Monster Zero & Destory all Monsters in the Showa Series, Came back as Fire Rodan in 1993's 'Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II' and then a Final Time in Godzilla: Final Wars (of course) in 2004. I don't think he directly appeared in any other films.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.