Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cool Stuff: Original Comic Art!

I promised some Sekowsky JLA this time, didn't I?

jla8_pg3_sekowsky.jpg

We start off with page 3 from JLA 8!

jla8_pg5_sekowsky.jpg

Page 5 from the same issue!

jla94_cov_adams.jpg

No Sekowsky on the cover of JLA 94... this one, obviously, is by Neal Adams!

jla96_cov_adams.jpg

Adams again, with the cover of JLA 96!

judomaster_pg12_mclaughlin.jpg

Haven't had any Charlton stuff for a while, and I don't remember if I've ever posted any pages of Charlton super-hero stuff, so here's page 12 of some issue of Judomaster, art by Frank McLaughlin!

judomaster_pg13_mclaughlin.jpg

Page 13 from the same story...

judomaster_pg16_mclaughlin.jpg

...and here's page 16! Man, if I was a participant in Bahlactus' Friday Night Fights, this group of pages would've been a nice entry, eh?

judomaster_pg17_mclaughlin.jpg

Page 17!

judomaster_pg18_mclaughlin.jpg

Page 18! Wow, this is a JLA & Judomaster celebration, isn't it?

junglejim25_cov_boyette.JPG

OK, here's a different "J" title... the cover to Charlton's Jungle Jim 25 was by Pat Boyette, one of Charlton's finest comics artists!

I'm making this installment a bit short, because next time around, I start with Kamandi by Kirby!

Jon

4 comments:

  1. Great artwork all around. I loved Judomaster back in the 80s. It's a shame he never really got the transfer the other Charlton characters did when DC bought them. He just sort of drifted into the background after his initial introduction in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, pretty much the only Charlton heroes who really got much ink after DC bought 'em were Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, the Question... and I suppose Nightshade, too (she appeared in a bunch of Suicide Squad issues). Of course, most -- if not all -- of them appeared in that one miniseries... L.A.W. or something like that... Living Assault Weapons? I didn't care for that approach myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon,
    Re: "page 12 of some issue of Judomaster"

    That's from issue #97 (Oct 1967), "This One’s For Pop”.
    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.