Saturday, October 04, 2008

By the 10's: Ghost Manor (2nd Series)!

countdown.jpg

Time for another horror comic 1-10, and this time around, it's the 2nd series of Charlton's Ghost Manor comic! Expect Ditko and Sutton, my friends!

ghostmanor10.jpg
Issue 10

ghostmanor20.jpg
Issue 20

ghostmanor30.jpg
Issue 30 - a pretty freaky twist on Aladdin, by Pat Boyette!

ghostmanor40.jpg
Issue 40

ghostmanor50.jpg
Issue 50 - I haven't any idea of the thing tapping at the window is supposed to be a dog or other animal, or a teddy bear...

ghostmanor60.jpg
Issue 60

ghostmanor70.jpg
Issue 70 - the end was near for Charlton at this point!

Next time around... Ghost Rider! No, of course, not the western!

Jon

6 comments:

  1. I believe that was a teddy bear that had been thrown out because it was time for the main character to "grow up" or something, and then the teddy wanted revenge for being cast aside. I have this issue someplace. I love these comics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scary teddy bear was an awesome cover! If I'd read that as a kid I can guarantee there would have been a number of sleepless nights ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reis and Brian - thanks for both your comments... I'd respond more in turn myself, but we've all got the flu here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of the Charlton horror comics from way back - I have very fond memories of reading these as a kid and the covers bring back a lot of great memories! Thanks for sharing these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww.. they got rid of Winnie.... but that 'Make up your own dialogue' sounds intresting.. am always intrested in that kind of comic.. they can be great fun..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reggaexx and Manic Man - glad you enjoyed this 1-10!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.