Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cool Stuff: Original Comic Art!

foreverpeople08_cov_kirby.jpg

Forever People #8, Cover by Kirby!

foreverpeople8_pg1_kirby.jpg

Here's page 1!

foreverpeople8_pg13_kirby

Page 13 from the same issue!

foxandcrow108_06_oksner.jpg

Next up, page 6 from Fox and Crow #108, by Bob Oksner! Correction! Fellow blogger Booksteve informs me that this is a Win Mortimer page, not Oksner!

frankenstein06_16_ploog.JPG

Page 16 from Frankenstein #6, by Mike Ploog!

funnyman6_pg12_shuster.jpg

Page 12 from Funnyman 6, by Joe Shuster!

ghostrider5_pg14_ayers.jpg

Ghost Rider (western) #5, page 14, by Dick Ayers!

ghostrider5_pg20_ayers.jpg

Page 20 from the same issue!

Next time around, we'll start with some Green Lantern pages!

5 comments:

  1. I always feel guilty for making corrections on these things 'cause I really love to see all thsi original art but the STANLEY AND HIS MONSTER page is by Win Mortimer, not rregular artist Oksner. Strangely, another site just misidentified Mortimer as Oksner, also. Both artists have drew clearly recognizable facial features and this one is clearly Mortimer. I'll sit down and shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...especially since I clearly can NOT type this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the correction, Steve... and don't worry about any typos -- I don't mark off for spelling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patron Zero10:14 AM

    As always, your Jack Kirby offerings are so welcome and sincerely enjoyed, The King Lives on your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Patron Zero -- I may not be able to offer as much cool stuff as the Jack Kirby Collector, but I'm glad to present what I can... although I certainly don't think the Kirby Legacy needs my blog to be maintained!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.