Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cool Stuff: Popeye Stuff!

popeye_bullitenboard

Nice Popeye bulliten board... I'd put it up in my office!

popeye_farmfriends

Popeye Farm Friends? Really? I wonder how many other licensed characters this same set was sold by...

popeye_gameandwatch.JPG

This Popeye Game and Watch is pretty valuable, from what I've heard... one of the earliest Nintendo games!

popeye_paintbynumber

This Popeye Paint by Number set is definitely based on the style of the Hanna-Barbera Popeye cartoons of the 1970s or 80s... which was about as un-Popeye-like as you could imagine, from what I recall!

popeye_pegpals

Peg Pals! What are Peg Pals? Well, looks like you make your own jointed figures with this set!

popeye_plates

A pair of fun Popeye plates!

popeye_poster.jpg

If I'd known the MGM Grand Hotel in Vegas had this poster for sale last time I was there, I'd have bought it in a heartbeat!

popeye_prestopaints.JPG

Presto Paints! Sounds like a nice, non-messy idea (in theory)...

popeye_projector

That looks like a pretty chintzy movie projector there....

Next time... it's Planet of The Apes time again!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not up on Nintendo (being a Sonic man, i'm more up on Sega ^_^) but that Pocket stuff would be probley early for them, and worth a fair but, but not the earlest cause it is a pocket game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole "Game and Watch" thing is how Nintendo really seem to have gotten started -- at least so far as home games, anyway. Nintendo's located north of Seattle, and when I went there with my nephew to get his game replaced because of a defect, they had a whole "history of Nintendo" display there, with the game and watch up front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice ^_^ Like i said, i'm not up on nintedo so thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.