Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cool Stuff: Potpourri!

Ready for a real mixed-bag of stuff?

remco_mickeyutilitybelt.jpg

How's this for a starter? You probably knew Remco had made superhero utility belts... but a Mickey Mouse one? Interestingly, it doesn't seem to use anything that the other utility belts used!

robinsoncrusoeonmars_poster.jpg

Robinson Crusoe on Mars poster! Click to super-size!

Next up is some Rocketeer movie stuff, which I've included here because I loved the movie of the Rocketeer!

rocketeer_moviestuff1.jpg
rocketeer_moviestuff2.jpg

Hey, I said this was going to be a real mixed bag!

rollashow_magoo.JPG rollashow_quickdraw.JPG

Here's a few Tru-Vue "Rollashow" film cartridges... kind of surprising to see the Quick Draw McGraw one, given that Kenner had the Hanna-Barbera license sewed up - or so I thought!

sh_fiddlesticks

I have no idea why this Fiddlesticks set features Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and the Hulk on the box!

sh_herostickersvendingcard.jpg

Here's a vending card - wish I could show you the stickers themselves, but I'm guessing they're the same as the poses you see here!

Next time around: The focus gets a bit narrower, as the Shogun Warriors make another appearance!

2 comments:

  1. The Fiddlesticks set came with little figures of Superman, Batman, Hulk and Spider-Man, They were blue plastic profile bodies that bent only at the waist and had stickers with the heroes on both sides. Except Superman, who on the reverse had Clark Kent.

    My brother had it and we dug it a lot. Now in the harsh light of adulthood, I do wonder why they'd mix an unrelated building set with superheroes.

    Great memories, though. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome, Thom -- and thanks for the info on the Fiddlesticks, too! I'm guessing they mixed them together in order to sell more!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.