Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Tribute to My Followers!

I decided that, just because I felt like it, I'd create a post that was a tribute to the (so far) 19 people who are following this blog (not to say that I think they're the only ones reading it, but they are the only ones who clicked the "follow this blog" link on the left side)!

First up, there's Muzza -- I don't know anything about Muzza... how long Muzza's been following, if Muzza's male or female, Muzza's never commented that I'm aware of... but I salute you!

Next up is Mike Durett, who (like Muzza) hasn't commented that I recall. Mike has couple of funny blogs, but I'll point you at his main one, Mike Durrett Confidential. I salute you!

Number three is Maria Fleutte DeGuzman, aka The Big Life! Maria's a self-described working class artist, and you can check out her own blog at The Big Life! I salute you!

Next up is Bubba Shelby, who has spoken up a bit here and there! Bubba's been having some issues with Blogger lately, but hopefully he'll be resuming regular posts at Toyriffic soon! I salute you!

Seattle Sailor's commented but one time, I believe... Check out his blog at Because I Say So, won't you? Seattle Sailor, I salute you!

AllHallowSteve is a major Halloween and horror movie fan, and his site, Halloween Addict came to my attention during last fall's Halloween Countdown! I salute you!

Next up, we have Adi Wood, and you can imagine what his blog, Drummer Warrior is about, but check it out anyway! I salute you!

Gilligan -- aside from having an island named after him -- is a major pop culture geek, and his site, Retrospace, is a reflectipon of that! I salute you!

Next, we have The Groovy Agent, and his own blog, Diversions of the Groovy Kind, which mainly focuses on 1970s comics, with scans of complete issues to peruse! While I'm not sure how I feel about that (I suppose I feel better about those comics that aren't likely to ever be reprinted than those that have been), the site's worth checking out just to glom on to his logo!

Plaidstallions, of course, is best known for The Plaid Stallions Blog, but did you know he's also started a TV sitcom blog, Sitcom Diablo?

Next, we have Steven A, who seems a bit obsessed with pumpkins, as his blog names, Plastic Pumpkins and Pumpkin Pictures would seem to indicate, but they're about way more than pumpkins!

Samauri Frog's got three blogs, but my favorite of his has to be Eletronic Cerebrectomy! I especially enjoy his weekly "Throwdown" post on Friday.

Lifesaver follows the Random Acts, but apparently doesn't have a blog of his or her own! But I salute you anyway!

Vivir En Tucson's blog, Vivir En Tucson is all in Spanish... but you can read it in interesting English by clicking here, if I've done this correctly.

Azathoth has two great blogs, both well worth checking out.. this one and this one -- sadly, either has been updated since Christmas Eve 2008...

Jamdin's been a reader of the Random Acts for a looooong time! Check out his blog at Moongem Comics!

ILozZoc runs the blog The League of Tana Tea Drinkers, which is not just a Mummy blog... but I suspect that when I announce some of the new blogs I'm going to be working on, he'll find one of them of special interest!

Xenius Jones has three blogs... and it's hard for me to categorize them! Just check them out here, here, and here!

And last, but certainly not least, is Rick, whose blog Plastic Man Platitudes I've contributed an item or two to here and there... Somtimes I think Rick and I are in a race to see who can keep the most blogs running, because among his other blogs, he's got On My Mind,, Millie the Model, Let's Rap With Cap, Mail it to Team-Up, and The Comic Book Letterheads Museum, and that's not all of 'em!

Followers, I salute you all!

16 comments:

  1. Jon, what a nice surprise to be saluted. Thank you very much.

    I became forever shackled to your Geekery upon discovering our shared love for the Give-A-Show Projector. Next to a tape recorder, it was the most wanted item of my childhood. About the time I received mine, I also gained accessed to the projection booth at my neighborhood theatre, which led to 40 or so years showing movies professionally.

    I like everything about your blog from the comic book covers to the iffy flicks, many of which I've personally shown in hardtops and drive-ins throughout metro Atlanta.

    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment in return, Mike! How did you come across this blog in the first place? Was it thanks to Mark Evanier's mentioning the Give-A-Show stuff in his own blog a while back, or was it through a Google search?

    You're lucky -- I got my first Give-A-Show Projector about two years ago! On the other hand, I did go through a variety of cassette tape recorders through my childhood.

    I'd love to hear more about your experiences as a projectionist in Atlanta... you have got to have some great stories about the movies you showed, as well as some of the stuff that went on in the theatre during the showing of the movies (you've got to have SOME stories about that)!

    I'm glad you enjoy everything about the blog... it's always nice to have it verified that I'm not the only multi-genre geek out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon,
    Thanks for all of the links. I love your sites too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite welcome, Rick -- you can be sure I'll keep doing my best to bring on the geekery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the acknowledgment!

    I think I discovered your site through one of the Halloween Countdowns.

    Keep up the good work, and I'll keep... um... I'll keep HalloweenAddict.com -ing away too.

    AllHallowSteve

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome, AllHallowSteve!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the salute! Any site featuring stuff like Shogun Warriors is a site worth following. Man, I miss my Mazinga!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, little buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thank you. My logo thanks you. Keep on truckin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're welcome, Groovy Agent. Keep on groovin'!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you very much for the nod on LOTT D. We are always looking for horror bloggers to join our little group. Fresh blood is always, well, refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're welcome, ILozZoc -- I thought that LOTT D was an invitation-only group? I suppose I should really read more about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And in turn salute you! I love your blog, it has a great mix of stuff that always keeps me entertained. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Seattle Sailor! I'm glad you love the blog, and I will keep doing it for as long as possible -- given how I like to get ahead on my blogs, I'd say it's likely new posts will be appearing here even after I've shuffled off this mortal coil!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Thanks for the props!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.