Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cool Stuff: Superman Stuff!

Time to check out some Superman items!

superman_76tvtray

This TV tray uses the same art that was used for a circular puzzle in the 1970s!

superman_77watch

This cool watch came out in 1977!

superman_andsuperboygame.JPG

One of these days, I have GOT to get this game, which has a double-sided game board!

superman_andsuperboygame1.JPG
superman_andsuperboygame2.JPG

And now you know what the boards look like for it!

superman_bencoopercostume

I find it odd that this Superman costume sold by Ben Cooper not only features Superman and Batman in Golden Age style art, but it also features Mary Poppins and the Spectre! Did they actually make a Spectre costume at any time?

superman_buckle73.jpg

This figural belt buckle came out in 1973!

superman_chemtoyfigure

This PVC figure was made by Chemtoy, also known for their "movie viewers"!

superman_coffeecup.JPG

I like this coffee cup... I have a juice glass that uses the same Neal Adams artwork!

superman_colorforms2.JPG

These Superman Colorforms were obviously from the era where there was limited color in use for the Colorforms themselves!

superman_glassescase.jpg

Superman Glasses Case? Makes perfect sense to me!

superman_idealplayset

I'd love to get this playset produced by Ideal... check out all the characters included!

superman_lunchbox.JPG

Very cool lunchbox!

superman_mexlc.JPG

Several of the George Reeves Superman episodes were edited together into movies and shown at least in Mexico... here's a lobby card!

More Superman next time!

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty certain I must have had the soft eyeglass holder, but I hadn't remembered it for all these years. And I'm embarrassed to admit the aptness of something to do with glasses having a Superman theme never once occurred to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm glad I at least brought back a memory for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool Superman items. I had that coffee mug but I can't remember if I still have it packed away or not.

    If I remember right, you could open the phone booth door on the Superman Colorforms playset. The bigger sets seemed to have extra features like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jamdin! I always like hearing about little details like that on the Colorforms set!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.