Thursday, January 07, 2010

Cool Stuff: The Micronauts!

This time around, it's a gallery of Mego's Micronauts, a line of toys that came out between the time I thought I was too old for toys, and the time I decided to heck with it, I can buy toys for myself if I want to!

micornauts_pharoid.jpg

micronauts_andromeda.jpg
micronauts_aquatron.jpg
micronauts_astrostation.jpg
micronauts_baronkarza.jpg
micronauts_cratercruncher.jpg
micronauts_galacticcruiser.jpg
micronauts_giantacroyear.jpg
micronauts_hydra.jpg
micronauts_interplanetaryhq.jpg
micronauts_microtron.jpg
micronauts_mobileexploratio.jpg
micronauts_neonorbiter.jpg
micronauts_photonsled.jpg
micronauts_rhodiumorbiter.jpg
micronauts_solarion.jpg
micronauts_timetraveler.jpg
micronauts_ultronicscooter.jpg
micronauts_warpracer.jpg

8 comments:

  1. I remember these, vaguely. I don't think I ever had any, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too think I saw some Micronaut toys (circa late Autumn of 1979?) but didn't buy any (dang) I really liked the first run they had in their own Marvel comic title (Michael Golden? artwork)
    Cool post Jon; thanks
    r/e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mint in box samples!

    You can see some in depth info on the toyline at http://www.innerspaceonline.com

    Also more info on their much larger original Japanese parent toyline, Microman at http://www.microforever.com

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rockettubes... hopefully, my readers interested in more about the Micronauts will go check those sites out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I loved my MICRONAUTS toys! This post brought a tear to my eye!

    Also I just wanted to let you know I have awarded you a ONE LOVELY BLOG award... http://tinyurl.com/ykbtxsd

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was never seriously invested in Micronauts, but I loved my orange Time Traveler (though I would've preferred a blue one) and Giant Acroyear I got for Christmas in '77 or '78. Mostly, they served as droids/vehicles for my Star Wars figure universe, but they I still have a special place in my heart for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Al! It may take a few days for me to get around to my awarding it to others!

    Joseph - Sounds like this post brought back some nice memories to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.