So, I've decided that it's high time that I started my own blog award, and one that's designed for my fellow geek bloggers to receive exclusively! I'm hoping that this award will sweep through all the geek blogs out there, and recognize all my fellow geeks for their blogging about the stuff that the average person just doesn't get!
Of course, as with all blog awards, there are rules that must be followed:
- Upon being given this award, please pass the award on to two other blogs that you feel are Certifiably Geek!
- Go to the the Certifiably Geek Blogs award winner listings blog and make sure that blog hasn't already received the award.
- Create a post on their blog announcing the two blogs they've decided to award.
- In that post, include the official graphic (as seen here)
- Provide a link to the two blogs
- Tell why they've chosen the two blogs
- Include the URL for the award blog (http://certifablygeekblogs.blogspot.com)
- Email me (the guy who created the award and manages this blog) at waffyjon at comcast dot net with the above information, plus what category they think the blog fits in (so I can label it accordingly). If the blog fits more than one category, they should include them all (for example, if the Random Acts of Geekery were awarded this -- which it can't, because none of my blogs are eligible to win -- the categories would be comics, toys, cartoons, sci-fi, Star Trek, monster movies, etc.)
- Contact the two blogs that they've awarded, tell them about this blog, as well as where they can find the post in which they were awarded. They can do this by emailing the bloggers (if that's possible) or by leaving a comment in a recent post.
First up has to be Geek Orthodox, conceived and blogged by Seattle's Reis O'Brien! Yeah, I just gave him a "One Lovely Blog" award earlier, deal with it. Reis features Star Wars, action figures and other toys, role-playing games, comics, and more! His Friday video blogs are a special treat, as we get to see him in action wearing his beloved luchador mask!
The second award goes to Siskoid's Blog of Geekery, of course run by Canada's Siskoid! Like Reis, Siskoid also covers a range of geekery, with his daily Star Trek posts, Cat of the Geek, comics stuff, and gaming stuff.
Both of these blogs are well-deserving of the award, and I look forward to seeing who they award in turn!