Monday, February 15, 2010

Monster Monday!

frankmeetswolf_poster.jpg
Despite the inaccuracy in the portrayal of the Wolf Man, I've always liked the poster to "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man"! More after the jump!


frankmeetswolf_yugo.JPG
This Yugoslavian poster for the movie seems to think the Wolf Man is the real star!

frankmustbedestroy
"Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed" poster!

frankmustbedestroy_german.jpg
The German poster is more appealing to me than the US/UK one, but I haven't decided exactly why!

frankmustbedestroy_ital.jpg
On the other hand, I think the Italian poster appeals to me just because it's so different!

frankmustbedestroyed_span.jpg
The Spanish "Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed" poster comes off as more weird than wonderful to me...

frozenghost.jpg
Speaking of weird... I don't believe I'd ever heard of this one before!

gameravsbarugon_ital.jpg
Can you possibly guess what monster movie this Italian poster is for? If you can, you're either a Kaiju expert, or read the Go-Go Godzilla blog: It's for Gamera Vs. Barugon!

gameravsbarugon_spanish.jpg
The Spanish poster for "Gamera Vs. Barugon" is must easier to recognize, eh?

gameravsviras_ital.jpg
Italian poster for "Gamera Vs. Viras"!

gameravsviras_italian2.jpg
Another Italian "Gamera Vs. Viras" poster!

gameravsviras_italian3.jpg
Ah, now that I think about it, I think these are actually "photobustas," the equivalent to a lobby card!

Here's some Gappa photobustas:
gappa_itlc1.jpg
gappa_itlc2.jpg
gappa_itlc3.jpg
gappa_itlc4.jpg
gappa_itlc5.jpg
gappa_itlc6.jpg
gappa_itlc7.jpg
gappa_itlc8.jpg
Always unusual to find Italian giant monster movies that only feature the monsters in the movies they're promoting, eh?

gappa_spanish.jpg
Here's the Spanish "Gappa" poster!

gappa_still.jpg
And here's a still!

Next week, we'll start things off with "Ghidrah, the Three-Headed Monster"!

1 comment:

  1. The greatest part of that painting for Frankenstein meets the Wolf Man is the frozen moment before they are going to clobber each other.

    I mean...Frankenstein's Monster is about to give the Wolf Man a knuckle sandwich...which doesn't happen in the movie sadly.

    I've always been a fan of the Wolf Man, first poster I ever hung up...from Sugar Crisps I believe, and I still think the Wolf Man could take the Frankenstein Monster in a fight. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.