Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Certifiably Geek Blogs, Third Time's the Charm?


All right, then... as noted before, the second go-round of Certified Geek Blog awards has hit a dead-end, and I've become frustrated and disappointed at the awardees who never got around to following the rules (although some of them do have the award posted on their sidebar). Those blogs' listings on the Certifiably Geek Blogs blog have been changed to drafts, so they won't show up. If they do find it in their hearts to pass the award on as a good blogger should, I'll restore them.

Having said all that, I'm going to make another try at getting this fershlugginer thing going, and since this is my third try, I figured, why not award it to three blogs, and see if that helps get things going again?

So, here's the latest awardees, as recommended by the faithful Random Acts of Geekery readers:

Hurray for Wally Wood — Booksteve's tribute to one of the masters of comic book art! I've been meaning to add this to the Random Blogs of Geekery link list for some time, because I've long been a fan of Wood's artwork!

Inside Jeff Overturf's Head - Jeff himself requested this be awarded to his blog, and having looked at it myself, I can definitely say that his blog is, indeed, certifiably geek!

Dreams of Space - Wow, this is an amazing blog! Dreams of Space has a main focus of vintage children's books about space, and I'm sure that sooner or later, I'll recognize books from my childhood there!

All three of these blogs are definitely worthy of this award, and I hope they'll display the award proudly!

Of course, as with all blog awards, there are rules that must be followed:
  1. Upon being given this award, please pass the award on to two other blogs that you feel are Certifiably Geek!
  2. Go to the the Certifiably Geek Blogs award winner listings blog and make sure that blog hasn't already received the award.
  3. Create a post on their blog announcing the two blogs they've decided to award.
  4. In that post, include the official graphic (as seen here)
  5. Provide a link to the two blogs
  6. Tell why they've chosen the two blogs
  7. Include the URL for the award blog (http://certifablygeekblogs.blogspot.com)
  8. Email me (the guy who created the award and manages this blog) at waffyjon at comcast dot net with the above information, plus what category they think the blog fits in (so I can label it accordingly). If the blog fits more than one category, they should include them all (for example, if the Random Acts of Geekery were awarded this -- which it can't, because none of my blogs are eligible to win -- the categories would be comics, toys, cartoons, sci-fi, Star Trek, monster movies, etc.)
  9. Contact the two blogs that they've awarded, tell them about this blog, as well as where they can find the post in which they were awarded. They can do this by emailing the bloggers (if that's possible) or by leaving a comment in a recent post.
  10. If the awarded blog does not pass the award on within one week, their blog will be removed from the Certifiably Geek Blogs blog until they're in compliance with the rules.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the third time is the charm! Going now to check out these new winners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon!

    My heart is gushing with geekish pride and joy!

    I will most likely be blogging about this geektigeous award on Friday or Saturday and will be sure to pass this award along by the beginning of next week.

    Jeff O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choices! Looking forward to the continually growing list of geek-approved blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.