Saturday, March 20, 2010

Cool Stuff: Marvel Stuff!

Yep, should be all-Marvel for the next Cool Stuff post or two or three... let's see what I've come up with!

msh_1976calendar.JPG
Man, the 1970s was the Golden Age of comic book calendars, if you ask me! All original artwork by classic artists of the era, usually themed, such as this 1976 Marvel calendar! More coolness after the jump!


msh_balloons.jpg
How cool are these balloons? I would be all over something like this nowadays... perfect for birthday parties!

msh_bringonbadguys
Another great thing about the 1970s for comics fans were the Marvel Origins books, such as this one focusing on the villains!

msh_bullpenboosterbuttons.jpg
These Bullpen Booster Buttons are neat, but only a few of them are specifically Marvel enough to be recognizable as such!

msh_capposter.JPG
I believe this Captain America poster was one of the Marvelmania products!

msh_captainam_60spin.jpg
Speaking of Cap, here's a 1960s pin with kind of odd-looking artwork on it!

msh_captainamericapistol.jpg
Of course, if you want to talk odd, check out this Captain America cap pistol!

msh_captainamericarecord.jpg
This Captain America record sleeve makes Cap look like he's very uncomfortable being forced into this position, doesn't it?

msh_captainamerpowerrecord
Ah, I have fond memories of listening to this book and record set in my youth...

msh_captainamflashlight.jpg
The card art for this Captain America flashlight has to have the worst card art of any Marvel toy ever!

msh_captam78glass.jpg
This 1978 Cap glass, on the other hand, has great artwork!

msh_captam_skyheroesmarx1.jpg
No matter how long I live, I'll never understand why Marx insisted on using Cap or other non-flying characters for these Sky Heroes toys!

msh_captambank.jpg
This Captain America bank was part of the Secret Wars merchandise, which explains why Doctor Doom is on it, instead of a real Captain America foe!

msh_captambrazlunchbox1.jpg
Sometimes I think South America had some of the best superheroes collectibles... this lunch box with Kirby art was produced in Brazil!

msh_captamcycle70s.jpg
This 1970s Cap motorcycle toy (probably by Buddy L) is pretty sweet!

msh_captamerica
Another great 1970s trade paperback collection!

More Cap, and more Marvel, next time!

2 comments:

  1. Cap looks uncomfortable AND sad on that record sleeve.

    The glass is BITCHIN'! I need to collect these, I have a Flash and a Captain Marvel (the Shazam guy) glass I use all the time. The paint on these was surprisingly durable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Jeff, Toon Tumblers has been producing similar glasses for a few years now, although they're kind of pricey for my budget!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.