Friday, March 05, 2010

Cool Stuff: Super Powers!

This edition features the Super Powers figures! In my opinion, these were some of the best DC figures around for a long time, until the DC Direct line started!

dcsh_sp_aquaman.JPG
First up is Aquaman!


dcsh_sp_batman.JPGdcsh_sp_batman_smcard.JPG
Batman! Some of the first wave figures were later re-released on the smaller cards.

dcsh_sp_batmobile.JPG
The Super Powers Batmobile was the first Batmobile for action figures that was truly to scale, in my opinion!

dcsh_sp_brainiac.JPG
Brainiac!

dcsh_sp_clarkkent.jpg
The Clark Kent figure was a mail-in exclusive, never sold in toy stores.

dcsh_sp_collectorscase.JPG
Collectors' Case!

dcsh_sp_cyborg.JPG
Cyborg was one of, if not the, rarest of the Super Powers line.

dcsh_sp_cyclotron.JPG
This Cyclotron figure was an original from Kenner, not related to the villain who appeared in the DC comics.

dcsh_sp_darkseid.JPG
Darkseid!

dcsh_sp_darkseiddestroyer.JPG
Darkseid Destroyer! Not as cool as some of the vehicles Kirby designed, IMHO.

dcsh_sp_desaad.jpg
Desaad!

dcsh_sp_drfate.JPG
Doctor Fate! You can see the promotional sticker for the mail-in Clark Kent figure.

dcsh_sp_firestorm.JPGdcsh_sp_firestorm_smcard.JPG
Firestorm!

dcsh_sp_flash.JPG
The Flash!

dcsh_sp_goldenpharoah.JPG
The Golden Pharoah, another Kenner original!

dcsh_sp_greenarrow.JPG
Green Arrow! It always puzzled me as to why they'd put a pic of a character in a position when there was no way to pose them that way...

dcsh_sp_greenlantern.JPGdcsh_sp_greenlantern_smcard.JPG
Green Lantern!

dcsh_sp_hawkman.JPG
Hawkman!

More Super Powers next time!

5 comments:

  1. One of the best toy lines from the 80's, Jon. Hands down.

    My first trip to the San Diego Comic-Con I made sure to look for a Super Powers Doctor Fate. Picked him up out of the package for three dollars.

    The next year I brought a little more spending money with me and was able to obtain Green Arrow, Green Lantern, and the Flash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had been more aware of these when I was a kid, I would have gone BANANAS collecting them.

    And Aquaman should ALWAYS go first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still need to get Batman and that Batmobile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys enjoyed the post! I used to have nearly all of them myself (never had a Cyborg, but I think I had all the others), as well as many of the vehicles and such...

    ...these days, the only Super Powers stuff I have is the board game and the Give-A-Show Projector slides (and I'm missing one of those!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool post. The only Super Powers figures that I have are Doctor Fate, Flash and Green Lantern

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.