Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cool Stuff: Spider-Man Stuff!

spidey_70stshirt.jpg
First up this time around is this 1970s-era t-shirt... or a reproduction of same! More after the jump!


spidey_75button.jpg
1975 Spidey button!

spidey_78_calendar.jpg
1978 Spidey calendar!

spidey_78stationeryset.jpg
1978 Spidey Stationery set!

spidey_abominablepower
Power Record!

spidey_actionbank.jpg
Secret Wars Spidey Action Savings Bank!

spidey_ahi_parachutist.jpg
AHI's Spider-Man paratrooper!

spidey_ahi_spidercycle.jpg
AHI's Spider Cycle!

spidey_ahispidercar.jpg
AHI's Spider-Man Jeep!

spidey_ahistuntcycle.jpg
AHI's Spider-Man Stunt Cycle!

spidey_ballblastercard.jpg
Ball Blaster - wow, was that unfortunately named!

spidey_bank.jpg
Spider-Man bank!

spidey_bellspowerrecord
Another Spidey Power Record!

spidey_corgibikecopter.JPG
Corgi Spider-Vehicles!

spidey_dragonmanwolfpower
Another Power Record, this one a book and record set!

Next item here is a special insert that was included with an issue of Eye Magazine!
spidey_eye_page1
spidey_eye_page02
spidey_eye_page03
spidey_eye_page04
spidey_eye_page05
spidey_eye_page06
spidey_eye_page07
spidey_eye_page08
spidey_eye_page09
spidey_eye_page10
spidey_eye_page11
Pretty cool, eh? How many of you recognize the original story?

More Spidey stuff next time!

6 comments:

  1. can't say i've been a fan of Mary Jane... I wonder if that helps people that don't know that story? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure I can place that story, Jon. It's not the introduction of J.J.'s son is it?

    I did however and still have that Spider-Man bank, the one that is kind of a bust of the old web head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vic, I know John Jameson was introduced very early in the Steve Ditko run -- like in the first six or seven issues, I think! This was probably the second or third appearance of him in the comics.

    This story also appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #42.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I'd forgotten all about that issue of Eye magazine! Haven't thought of it in years.

    I don't think I even knew what the magazine was called at the time...but I remember my parents getting a copy and letting me have the comic, and it being a Spider-Man story I hadn't read before. I must have looked at the mag itself to see if there was anything else in it about comic books. I can't remember whether or not there was, nor anything else about it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAB -- that's okay if you don't -- I thought the mini-version of the comic alone was worth sharing photos of! I wish I knew how much that mag sold for on eBay!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.