Friday, April 02, 2010

This 'n That Time!

OK, time to get caught up on a few things here...

ITEM! Got my report card from the last quarter of college, and for those of you who are interested in such things, I got two A's and a B (the B was for the MS Word class, which would've been an A if the whole point of the exercises was to demonstrate what you actually know how to do, and not what you can successfully copy). New quarter starts on Monday!

ITEM! This Saturday is my community's second annual Easter Egg Hunt, as I've probably noted before, and yes, I am in charge of it. Yesterday I began making the eight Easter Egg cakes that are among the many, many prizes to be won! I wasn't able to do these with fondant as I'd planned, though -- was trying to find the supplies to make it, and wanted to have all my buying done by Tuesday, but it was not to be. So, regular frosting it is! I'll be finishing those preparations today.

ITEM! OK, most of you know I tend to be a bit obsessive about getting this blog prepared ahead of time. How much ahead of time? Yesterday I finished getting all the posts put together for September. I may -- may -- start on October stuff later in the month, although some of my plans for October posts won't be ready for a while yet. At least if something happens to me, there'll continue to be new posts appearing here for at least a few months!

ITEM! You may have noticed that the hoped-for second video blog didn't happen yet... main reason for that is that for over a week, I've had a case of laryngitis, which wasn't severe enough to cause me to entirely lose my voice, but it was enough to make it sound rather unpleasant! With any luck, I'll get a chance to do one this afternoon that'll be posted here on Saturday!

ITEM! I haven't been talking about the Certified Geek Blogs award for a week or two now... and I think I may have to just admit that as much as I liked the idea, it just wasn't flying. Three times I've tried to get it started, and all three times, it's stalled out quickly, as blogs received the awards but never acknowleged them or passed on the award themselves. I don't know why so many of them passed on that part of the process, but that they did! What do you guys think? Should I give it one more try? And if so, do you have any geek blogs you'd like to nominate for the award?

ITEM! I'm not sure that any of you guys live anywhere near Olympia, Washington, where I make my home, but just in case, I wanted to announce that Krypto and I will be appearing at Olympic Comics and Cards in Lacey, Washington on Free Comic Book Day, and Krypto will be in his costume! It's a photo op PLUS free comics! Woo-hoo!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the grades!

    Good luck with the Easter Egg hunt!

    I bow down to your pre-posting blog preparations. Amazing, indeed.

    Don't know what to say about the Certified Geek Blogs award site. Maybe people just didn't get it? I dunno. The Retroist is a great, geeky blog to award.

    Live no where near Washington, but hope you and Krypto have a blast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy - I'll try to get photos of Krypto's appearance for FCBD posted here!

    Wings - Thanks on the grades! The Easter Egg Hunt went fine -- weather wasn't perfect, but at least it wasn't raining during the event itself! And so far as how far in advance I do this... well, I'm a bit obsessive that way, I suppose! I'm already working on stuff for the October posts, too!

    I'll wait another week or two before I decide what I'll do about Certified Geek Blog awarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I thought I did the Certified Geek Blog thing right! Did I screw it up?

    These things confuse me.

    Sorry, Jon K, if I added to the fuddle.

    Since I'm in Seattle, maybe I'll swing on down to Lacey and say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reis, you did it perfectly -- it's later recipients who didn't follow up on things. If you want to send me some nominations for Certified Geek Blog awards in case I try one more time to get it going, though, I wouldn't be resistant to the idea!

    And it would be very cool if you came down to Olympic Cards and Comics for FCBD -- one of the things I regretted about not making it to Emerald City was that I was hoping to run into you out there! I have yet to meet any fellow blogger in person!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.