Saturday, May 22, 2010

Cool Stuff: Marvel Stuff!

Time for more cool stuff, this time featuring Marvel character stuff!

msh_cap_comiccolor1.jpg
msh_cap_comiccolor2.jpg
msh_cap_comiccolor3.jpg
This Cap coloring book/comic was an experiment by Whitman that, sadly, didn't last all that long. A number of DC and Marvel characters were featured in these (I have a Wonder Woman one that I'm planning to scan and share on "Children's Book Theatre" eventually). More stuff after the jump!


Of course, many of these Cap items are featured, along with many others, on my Captain Ameriblog!

msh_cap_marxmechanical.jpg
Here's Marx Toys' Mechanical Captain America!

msh_cappistol.jpg
Captain America Cap Pistol, predating the Bucky as Cap using a gun by decades!

msh_captam66costume.jpg
msh_captam66costume2.jpg
1966 Ben Cooper-manufactured Captain America costume! So close, and yet so far...

msh_captam66poster.jpg
Marvelmania Cap poster from 1966!

msh_captam70smarxwatch.JPG
1970s Cap watch from Marx!

msh_captam77bookcover.jpg
msh_captambookcover.jpg
1977 Cap book cover!

msh_captam_74poster.jpg
1974 Cap poster!

msh_captam_80kite.jpg
1980 Inflatable Cap Kite!

msh_captam_85plasticpuzzle.jpg
This 1985 3-D Cap puzzle may have been part of the Secret Wars line!

msh_captam_bathpuppet.jpg
Captain America bath puppet! I always find these a bit creepy...

msh_captam_flexiring.jpg
1960s Cap flexi-ring, a vending machine item!

msh_captam_frisbee.JPG
Captain America flying disc!

msh_captamarchery.jpg
Yes, that's a Captain America archery set! You'd think that maybe a Hawkeye archery set would've been a better match...

msh_captambuckle75.JPG
1975 Cap belt buckle!

msh_captamcharm.jpg
1960s Cap vending machine charm!

msh_captamcorgiracer.jpg
Corgi Jr. Captain America racer!

msh_captamerskyheromarx.jpg
Captain America Sky Hero!

msh_captampowershield.JPg
Captain America Power Shield! I remember seeing these advertised in the comics, but until I came across this photo in an eBay auction, I'd never seen it in other than illustrated form!

msh_captampuppet.jpg
1960s Cap hand puppet, made by Marx, I believe!

msh_captamtowel74.jpg
This 1974 Captain America towel wraps up this installment, but there's more Marvel goodies for the next installment of Cool Stuff!

8 comments:

  1. okay, okay.. I know the alot of merchandise in the old days had.. odd designs.. that Marx walking Cap makes me think it was a mixture between the 'baby superhero' range and some idea to make them more female looking, but that cheap drawing on the bow and arrow set? Boy.. that wasn't a bad trace.. no image that traced it from could be that bad, even a Colletta inked one.. Everyone, when people say, you can tell a bootleg cause of the 'lower grade' workmanship, show them a picture of THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAH! One of my brothers had the belt buckle and that power shield also. I of course had the Hulk versions of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am going to make a picture of that mask into a tee-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MM -- There's no explaining the cheapness of some licensors. I'm sure the Marx Cap robot toy was basically modeled to fit existing robot mechanics, hence the deformed shape.

    Skaykro -- I think I've posted a photo of the Hulk one on Hulk Blog!, but I don't know if I've posted a pic of the Hulk Power Sheld yet.

    Little Messy Missy - You mean the mask from the back of the coloring book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I still had that Hulk Power Shield actually. Ahh...memories...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, where's the Captain America metal lunch box? With the accompanying soup mug?

    Cheers!

    Steven G. Willis
    XOWComics.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steven - You might look over at the Captain Ameriblog! If I've got a pic of the one you're thinking of in my files, it's either already there or will be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Muchos gracias!

    Cheers!

    Steven G. Willis
    XOWComics.com

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.