Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good News and Bad News...

The good news is, NBC has officially renewed Chuck for another season!

The bad news is, my college is messing around with the Medical Assisting program, and it's really beginning to look like, thanks to that, it'll end up taking me three years to complete what's supposed to have been a two-year program.

I'm not sure what's going on at the college... today was Advising Day, no classes so students could meet with their advisers to plan their registration for summer and fall quarters. I'd contacted my adviser on Wednesday to see if I needed to meet with her or if I should just go ahead and register for the fall classes already planned out, and didn't hear anything at all until after 6:00 today, when I got an email from the dean of the department saying that things are changing around with the program, and not all the required classes would be available in the 2010-2011 school year (which was supposed to be the last year of my schooling).

I immediately forwarded a copy of that email to my dislocated worker program counselor (he's in charge of arranging the payment for my tuition, books, and fees) so that he'd be aware something was afoot, and also replied to the email asking to meet with someone on Friday or Monday to try to figure out just what the hell I'm supposed to be taking next.

I got a near-immediate response from the dean... well, a near-immediate automated response, saying he was going to be out all day on Friday, and to contact someone else I'd not dealt with before for immediate assistance.

I have no idea if my original adviser is even on staff anymore, naturally... I have no idea what the heck is happening at all...

Sheesh, just the kind of news I needed tonight...

2 comments:

  1. Yay on Chuck!

    Boo on your other issues. Hope things clear up for you, make more sense ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still trying to get things cleared up on the school front... once I have more definite information, I'll post an update.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.