Thursday, August 12, 2010

CBT: Major Matt Mason BLB - "Moon Mission" Chapter One!

mmm001
Yes, once again, we're featuring a Big Little Book on Children's Book Theatre, and this time is perhaps an extra-special treat, as it's the Major Matt Mason Big Little Book! It all begins after the jump!

mmm002
mmm003
mmm004
mmm005
mmm006
mmm007
mmm008
mmm009
mmm010
mmm011
mmm012
mmm013
mmm014
Some interesting ideas thrown out there, eh? I'm guessing many of them were based on ideas being tossed around in scientific circles back in '65!

Chapter Two comes your way on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. One of the great treasures of my childhood! On rereading it as an adult a few years back, I was struck by how much better it was than it needed to be: that's some pretty sophisticated prose for a six year old to read.

    And also, making a female astronaut one of the leads was pretty darn cool. Woulda been something if she'd been part of the toy line as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... And if nothing else, this book shows us how awesome a MMM comic book would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing a Matt Mason comic strip in Corriere dei Piccoli, an Italian weekly comic. It would have been around 1969...wish I still had it. I remember Mason wore an odd concept space suit that had appeared in the popular science mags. It resembled a modernist trash can with a wrap-around windshield. I have no idea if the strip originated in Italy or some other European country.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.