Thursday, November 11, 2010

By the 10s: The X-Men!

Sheesh, I can't believe I managed to completely forget to do X-Men by now!

xmen010.jpg
So here's issue 10's cover, introducing Ka-Zar to the modern Marvel Universe, if I'm not mistaken! More after the jump!

xmen020.jpg
Issue 20, with how Professor X became crippled!

xmen030.jpg
Issue 30! I don't think I've ever read this story, but that's one awesome cover!

xmen040.jpg
Issue 40, and the X-Men meet Frankenstein!

xmen050.jpg
Issue 50 features this awesome Steranko cover, almost a duotone! Also note the first appearance of the X-Men logo (at least in this by the 10s) that, with minor modifications, would become most identified with the title!

xmen060.jpg
Issue 60, Roy Thomas writing, Neal Adams drawing... and Sauron making his first appearance (or was it his second or third by this time?).

xmen070.jpg
Issue 70, from when the book was reprint-only!

xmen080.jpg
Issue 80, another reprint issue!

xmen090.jpg
Issue 90... yes, another reprint issue! But that's the last for this title, because...

xmen100.jpg
Issue 100, with the All-New, All-Different X-Men!

xmen110.jpg
Issue 110!

xmen120.jpg
Issue 120, the debut of Alpha Flight?

xmen130.jpg
Issue 130... Dazzler is unleashed (or is that inflicted?) on an unsuspecting world!

xmen140.jpg
Issue 140!

xmen150.jpg
And with issue 150, we wind up this by the 10s! Why aren't I showing you the covers for issues 160, 170, etc? Because that was about the time I first started buying X-Men, and it's definitely out of the normal range of covers I feature here!

I hope you've enjoyed this long-awaited edition of By the 10s! Next time: Oh crap, you mean I haven't done all the romance comics yet???

2 comments:

  1. Those are FUN! Great post!
    I love the old X-Men characters-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.