Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Cool Stuff!

There's going to be a slew of Planet of the Apes items, but first a few other items that start with "P"!
nannyandprofessor_paperdollbook
First up is this "Nanny and the Professor" Paper Doll book, something I wouldn't have been interested in when it came out, although I was definitely a fan of the show when it was on! Interesting side-note (at least, to me)... way back in the early 1990s, when the FX channel started, they were rerunning this TV show, and I started watching it for the first time in forever, and realized that the very sexy Juliet Mills (aka Nanny) was probably a very strong factor in my finding women with British accents attractive! Naturally, this was before I was ever exposed to the Avengers with Emma Peel!

More cool stuff after the jump!

popeye_gumdispenser83
Been a long time since I featured a Popeye item, and this has to be one of the oddest-looking Popeye items I've ever presented! It's not as if there's not plenty of Popeye items for me to show you, naturally... I'm just kind of picky about what photos to save.

pota_ahizaiushorse
Now it's time for some Planet of the Apes items! First up is this AHI remote-controlled Dr. Zaius figure riding a horse!

pota_ahizaiusparatrooper.JPG
Here's a Zaius paratrooper, also from AHI!

pota_aldomodel
General Aldo model kit from Addar!

pota_battlenovelpota_beneathnovelpota_conquestnovelpota_escapenovel
Here's the novelizations of POTA sequels!

pota_caesardanglercooper
Ben Cooper's Caesar dangler!

pota_candybox3pota_candybox5
A pair of Planet of the Apes candy boxes! You know, I never knew anything like these existed (for any licensed item) until I started this blog!

pota_clothingbuttons
Believe it or not, these are clothing buttons with the POTA characters! I really wish I had a larger photo to show you!

pota_corneliusmodel
An assembled and painted Cornelius model kit!

pota_dawnoftreerecord
This Power Records item was based on the TV show!

pota_donpostzaiusmask
Dr. Zaius mask by Don Post!

pota_fanzine
Apesfan POTA fanzine! I really wish I'd been able to afford to bid on this one!

pota_frenchcomic11
Issue 11 of the French Planet of the Apes comic! If I'm not mistaken, this featured reprints of the Marvel black and white magazine with relettered text.

pota_galenbeanbagpota_galenpuppet
Really ugly Galen Bean Bag and Puppet!

pota_gumballdisplay.JPG
Planet of the Apes vending machine display header! Yes, that's the Mego apes pictured on the pendants! Below are photos of the pendants themselves (well, three of them, anyway):
pota_necklaceastronautpota_necklacegalen

pota_hungarianomic
Hungarian Planet of the Apes comic cover!

pota_megobendysoldier
Mego's Gorilla Soldier bendy!

pota_mexcomic
Mexican Planet of the Apes comic book!

pota_monkeymissiles
Yes, that's right... Monkey Missiles. No, they don't make any sense to me, either.

pota_posterpuzzlezaius.JPG
Dr. Zaius poster puzzle from Aurora!

pota_soldierapebutton
Soldier Ape button! Not sure of the country of origin here.

pota_spanishpvc
Comics Spain Planet of the Apes PVC! Sorry the photo's so small...

pota_ukcomic
UK POTA comic!

pota_verdon
Mego Allan Verdon figure!

pota_viewmaster2.JPG
I'm pretty sure this View-Master set was based on the TV show, and not the movies.

pota_windupsoldierjap
Wind-Up Soldier Ape from Japan!

pota_zaismodelassembledpota_zaiusmodel
Dr. Zaius model kit!

pota_zaiustshirt
Zaius T-shirt!

pota_zirazaius
Zira and Zaius Mego figures!

That will wrap things up for this round... next time, Pufnstuf and other stuff!

3 comments:

  1. personally, I prefered Hayley Mills ^_^;

    Never worked out her accent though.. She was born in London, but maybe i never quite worked it out cause she is from a more.. upper class family of Actors, which is far from the level I'm normally around.. Of course, the fact I don't often take a trip up to London might be something too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. On my blog, I've written about both Juliet and Hayley Mills. Not a day goes by that at least a few folks come to my blog by looking up Juliet Mills or Hayley Mills (often followed by the word "nude").

    Interestingly enough, Facebook told me tonight that Juliet Mills was on Facebook now and suggested I friend her. I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Manic Man - Well, I'm no expert on UK accents (although I can usually recognize a Liverpool one)...

    Booksteve - Cool... Facebook's never suggested her to me!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.