Friday, November 12, 2010

Fandom Library: Big Jim's P.A.C.K.

bigjimspack_01
For this week's installment of Fandom Library, I have the promotional comic book that Mattel commissioned from Marvel Comics, which was included with the Big Jim Wolf Pack Commander figure!

bigjimspack_02
bigjimspack_03
bigjimspack_04
bigjimspack_05
bigjimspack_06
bigjimspack_07
bigjimspack_08
bigjimspack_09
bigjimspack_10
bigjimspack_11
bigjimspack_12
bigjimspack_13
bigjimspack_14
bigjimspack_15
bigjimspack_16
bigjimspack_17
bigjimspack_18
bigjimspack_19
bigjimspack_20

4 comments:

  1. i don't remember those toys by Mattel... the characters are kinda funny, ya know -all the comic book hero cliché elements :D
    i am entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Big Jim was ever released in the UK (of course, it might have been... Oh well) but every time i seen stuff i think.. Action Man? anyway.. The worst thing about these comics is the amount of time no credits are given..

    All i can figure out is..All products are subject to change, It's a Trademake of Mattel and.. well.. there battlecry which (and this is just to me) sounds like someone with there hand trapped in a swinging door doesn't seam to be said by any one... a panel with 'AAAAAAOOOOOOO' at the bottom of it, with a 'wind' like effect... makes you really wonder how makes that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember these characters clearly. I actually had Mr. Steel (Mr. Clean with the metal hand) and Warpath (the dude with the bow). I can see now that it was clearly a way to expand the Big Jim universe and as a young lad I bought into it big time.

    Thanks for the post and the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manic Man - I believe that Big Jim actually lasted longer in the UK than in the States! He was shorter than Action Man/GI Joe. So far as the credits go, I'm sure they've been posted at the Grand Comics Database.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.