Saturday, December 04, 2010

Comic Book Advertisements!

marvel_03_79_4
This time around, we're looking first at an ad from the March 1979 Marvel titles... and check this one out! At first glance, this almost looks like an ad to order back issues direct from Marvel, but it's from Superhero Merchandise (which, if I'm not mistaken, was Heroes World, producers of the Superhero Catalog). I remember seeing these ads in the comics of the time, and thinking how much I'd have liked to have ordered many of these (particularly the Treasury Editions and some of the magazines), but thinking back then it was too expensive. How times have changed! I think we'd all be more than happy to pay these prices for these books, eh?

marvel_03_79_5
Here's another ad from the same month's Marvels, and this is indeed a Marvel ad, one for the Marvel subscription service! Another bargain, and I'd imagine if anybody had one of those Spidey marking pens today, they could probably eBay it for several times the cost of one of those subscriptions!

goldkey_1974_01
And for the third ad this time around, here's something from 1974 Gold Key comics, I forget which month. These iron-on transfers of Roach Studios designs are another thing that looks like an amazing bargain, eh? I have to admit, none of these look particularly interesting to me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.