Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cool Stuff!

Ah, another parade of cool things I saw offered for sale on eBay that I couldn't afford to buy... your mileage may vary!
captaction_captam
First up, it's the Captain America disguise for Captain Action! Just in case any of you don't know who the good Captain (Action, that is) was... he was a genius concept from the late 1960s, a fully-poseable action figure (more poseable than GI Joe, even) that could be disguised as a number of different comics characters, from DC (Superman, Batman, and Aquaman), Marvel (Spider-Man, Captain America, and Sgt. Fury) to other publisher's characters from comic strips and other sources (Flash Gordon, Green Hornet, and others). No way could the multiple licenses work these days, sadly...

captaction_silverstreak
Here's Captain Action's vehicle the Silver Streak, a triphibian vehicle, if I recall correctly!

captaction_weaponsarsenal
Captain Action Weapons Arsenal!

captainaction_batman
Batman costume!

captainaction_phantom1captainaction_phantom2
Here's what the Flicker Ring included with one release of the Phantom costume looked like!

captainamerica_argentinaposter
See this poster above? No, it's now for the new Captain America movie... this is the poster for the CBS TV-movie of the 1970s, which was shown in theatres at least in Argentina (where this poster comes from)!

charlie_still1charlie_still2charlie_still3
Here's a trio of photos for Charlie McCarthy, my favorite ventriloquist's dummy ever!

Next... a couple of days!

daymarsinvaded
First, The Day Mars Invaded The Earth!

daytheearth_insert
daytheearth_lc2
daytheearth_poster
daytheearthstood_insert
daytheearthstood_lc1
daytheearthstood_pb
And of course, The Day the Earth Stood Still (an insert, some lobby cards, poster, and pressbook).

And to wrap up this installment, some DC licensed stuff!

dc_sgtrock10
dc_sgtrock11
dc_sgtrock12
dc_sgtrock13
First, here's four of Remco's Sgt. Rock action figures... now, that's a toy line so obscure (as well as varying from the source material) that I'm not aware of anyone who collects these! Do any of you collect this line?

dcsg_sf_wwpuzzle
Next, a Super Powers Wonder Woman puzzle! Yes, I know, these are kind of jumping around. All I can say is, my organizational skills were kind of lacking when I named these files!

dcsh_aquaman_argentinafig.jpg
dcsh_aquaman_pepsifigargentina
Aquaman Pepsi premium from Argentina... in two different colors!

dcsh_aquaman_button
Aquaman "My Hero" Button!

dcsh_aquamanglass
Aquaman glass!

dcsh_argenbottle01_superman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle02_superman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle03_superman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle06_batman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle08_batman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle11_flash.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle14_greenlantern.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle15_jimmyolsen.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle18_hawkman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle20_greenarrow.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle21_krypt.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle22_luthor.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle23_penguin.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle24_riddler.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle27_brainiac.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle33_titano.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle35_toyman.jpg
dcsh_argenbottle36_cheetah.jpg
Here's the last stuff for this post... these awesome bottle caps featuring DC characters is, I believe, another of those Pepsi Argentinean premium items! I know I would've been chugging a LOT of soda to accumulate a set of these!

More DC stuff next time!

3 comments:

  1. Jon:

    This item is my 'holy grail' of 'holy grails'.. I bought a pristine loose set (C9+) about 6yrs ago, with my Cap riding a GI Joe WWII Harley bike, and seeing this pic makes me want to buy a repo box and stick it right back in. The loose sets are cool, but to me, they look best in the box.

    I don't drool often, but this generates enough saliva to cover Brooklyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Charlie McCarthy, my favorite ventriloquist's dummy"?

    well.. being american, I'll let you go on not knowing Archie Andrews (Not the comic character). He was kinda created around the same time (give or take a couple of years) as the comic character and company unrelated (it's a common name). The best Ventriloquist Dummy on Radio (Later TV). How many other people then Peter Brough could make a Ventriloquist act work on Radio? Of course, backing up with people like Tony Hancock, Max Bygraves, Benny Hill, Julie Andrews etc didn't do any harm (TV show, by the way, had Marty Feldman as a writer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. David - Believe me, I know what you mean!

    Manic Man - Well, Edgar Bergen did ventriloquism on radio for quite a long time, with both Charlie McCarthy and Mortimer Snerd... I'll freely admit to having no knowledge of ventriloquists outside of the USA!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant, I delete all spam! Thanks.